Mission Mode is another special mode in Lumines Supernova and Lumines Live!. In this mode, the player must complete specific types of missions that usually involve with deleting blocks, clearing every space, etc. Most missions have time limits; others don't.
Like Puzzle Mode, Mission Mode has the 3 difficulties: Easy, Hard, and Very Hard.
Clearing every mission would reward the player with the skins "Machine Interface" and "Prime Factor". If the player completes Hard mode, they are awarded with "Please Return my CD".
- Every mission and difficulty have the same brain in the background.
- Mission Mode is only available in Lumines Supernova and Lumines Live!.
- The song is featured in the album L.II Remixes entitled "Machine Interface".
- Like every other mode, the skins in Mission Mode are NOT unlockable and hacking is required to play on them.
- Hard mode is the only difficulty that has the "Coverfield" mission.
- All 3 skins in the 3 difficulties have the same robotic voice from the unlockable skin "Machine Interface".
- The backgrounds in each difficulty are different. The backgrounds are:
- Easy: A DNA-like background.
- Hard: A sky with a passengers view. Buildings can be seen from the sides.
- Very Hard: Artificially colored liquids with bubbles.
- Unlocked version: Monochromatic water.