Mission Mode is another special mode in Lumines Supernova, Lumines Live! and Lumines II, as well as Lumines Remastered and Lumines PC. In this mode, the player must complete specific types of missions that usually involve with deleting blocks, clearing every space, etc. Some missions have time limits; others (such as clearing the board in X steps) don't.
Difficulties[edit | edit source]
Like Puzzle Mode, Mission Mode has the 3 difficulties: Easy, Hard, and Very Hard.
Unlockables[edit | edit source]
Clearing every mission would reward the player with the skins "Machine Interface" and "Prime Factor". If the player completes Hard mode, they are awarded with "Please Return my CD". And if the player completes Easy mode, they are awarded with "Sparks!!".
On Lumines II on the other hand, you get "Water, Flower and Lights" on Easy, "The SPY loves me" on Hard, and "MACHINE INTERFACE" and "BRASH" on Very Hard, it seems.
Lumines Remastered only awards "RODENT" as of skins, but each cleared difficulty level unlocks a character.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Every mission and difficulty have the same brain in the background.
- The song is featured in the album L.II Remixes.
- Like every other mode, the skins in Mission Mode (except the unlockable version) are NOT unlockable and hacking is required to play on them.
- All 3 skins in the 3 difficulties have the same robotic voice from the unlockable skin "Machine Interface".
- The backgrounds in each difficulty are different. The backgrounds are:
- Easy: Blue light particles moving around
- (A blue circled grid on Remastered)
- Hard: A sky with a passengers view. Buildings can be seen from the sides.
- Very Hard: Artificially colored liquids with bubbles.
- Unlocked version: Monochromatic water.