|Lumines Remastered art.|
|Released||June 26, 2018|
|Console||Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Steam|
Lumines Remastered is the ninth installment of the Lumines puzzle game series. As its name implies, Lumines Remastered is a remaster of the original Lumines game (released 13 years-and-an-half ago), with some added features. It was developed by Resonair and published by Enhance Games.
Announcement[edit | edit source]
In March 2018, Enhance Games, the studio founded by Lumines: Puzzle Fusion producer Tetsuya Mizuguchi, announced Lumines Remastered for PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One for release in June 2018; the game was developed by Japanese studio Resonair.
Game Modes[edit | edit source]
There are seven game modes in Lumines Remastered:
- Basic Challenge
- Endless Challenge - Clear Basic Challenge (Reach Level 105)
- Shuffle Challenge - Unlock 10 skins
- Skin Edit
- Single Lap
- Time Attack
- VS CPU
- 2P Battle
Songs and Skins[edit | edit source]
As it is the remaster of the original game, all 40 skins from the original game make an appearance here, including licensed songs by Mondo Grosso and Eri Nobuchika. In addition, there are a few songs used only on certain occasions.
- Basic and Endless Challenges
- VS CPU
- MORNING BEATS (104 BPM) - Reach Level 30 in Basic Challenge
- TIN TOY (110 BPM) - Reach Level 60 in Basic Challenge
- WATER, FLOWER & LIGHTS (70 BPM) - Clear Basic Challenge (Reach Level 105)
- 45 degrees (160 BPM) - Clear all Puzzles
- RODENT (90 BPM) - Clear all Missions
- prime factor (75 BPM) - Clear VS CPU
- neodymium (Time Attack skin)
- Manager class (Puzzle skin)
- MACHINE INTERFACE (Mission skin)
- merci (Credit roll)
Additional Features[edit | edit source]
The game features enhanced visuals, higher bitrate music files and skin edit mode. All console versions can also make use of a new Trance Vibration feature which makes all detected controllers vibrate to the beat of the music. Additionally, the Nintendo Switch version makes use of the HD Rumble as a haptic gameplay feature. The game also features online leaderboards and local 2P mode.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first Lumines game to be released on a Nintendo video game console.
- There are a total of 44 avatars as opposed to 48 in the original game. The avatars in Lumines Remastered are picked from the entire game series rather than directly ported from the original game.
- Unlike in the original game, there is no 600sec Time Attack.
- The game features Skin Edit, Puzzle and Mission modes, all of which were introduced in Lumines II. Even the Manager class and MACHINE INTERFACE skins from Lumines II are used in the latter two modes.