|Lumines: Puzzle Fusion|
|North American cover|
|Release Date||December 12, 2004 (Japan)|
March 23, 2005 (North America)
|Sequel||Lumines Block Challenge|
Lumines Puzzle Fusion (Lumines in Japan) is a music-based puzzle game by Q Entertainment. The game was first released as launch title for PSP in Japan on December 12, 2004 and North America on March, 23 2005 and released in Europe on September 1, 2005. By October 11, 2005, Lumines has sold about half a million copies since its original release in Japan.
- Release dates:
- December 12, 2004 (Japan)
- March 22, 2005 (America)
- September 1, 2005 (Europe)
- The first game in the Lumines series.
- Skins could have different HUDs, changing the counters' placement and font. This wouldn't happen again until Lumines: Puzzle & Music.
- Licensed Skins have song/artist information at the bottom right of the screen.
- The game features 48 Avatars, 13 of which are unlockable.
- Several modes are available:
- Challenge Mode, where the player levels up by clearing Squares, unlocking Skins in the process.
- Single Skin Mode, where, as its name says, the player plays a single skin of their choice, with the game getting progressively harder as more Squares are cleared.
- Time Attack Mode, where the player must clear Squares within a time limit of the player's choice. The time options are 60 seconds, 180 seconds, 300 seconds, and 600 seconds.
- Vs. 2P Mode, where the player battles another player via ad-hoc.
- Vs. CPU Mode, where the player battles ten rounds of CPU opponents, getting harder as the player progresses. Once a round is won, the Skin and Avatar featured in it are unlocked.
- Puzzle Mode, where the player must build structures within a specific time limit.
- The menu and credits background music, Welcome to the Club and Merci respectively, were composed by Takayuki Nakamura.
Note: Only the licensed songs are properly credited in-game.
|ROUND ABOUT||Takayuki Nakamura||126|
|SHAKE YA BODY||Mondo Grosso||128.8|
|SQUARE DANCE||Katsumi Yokota||122|
|TALK 2 YOU||Takayuki Nakamura||122|
|I hear the music in my Soul||Eri Nobuchika||64|
|Dark side beside the river||Takayuki Nakamura||110|
|WORKING IN THE HOLE||Takayuki Nakamura||125|
|SISTER WALK||Takayuki Nakamura||116|
|HOLIDAY IN SUMMER||Takayuki Nakamura||73|
|TAKE A DOG OUT A WALK||Takayuki Nakamura||90|
|Big Elpaso||Takayuki Nakamura||70|
|My Generation||Katsumi Yokota||140|
|Get up and Go||Takayuki Nakamura||120|
|FLY INTO THE SKY||Takayuki Nakamura||124|
VS CPU Mode
|45 degrees||Katsumi Yokota||160|
|Morning Beats||Takayuki Nakamura||104|
|WATER,FLOWER & LIGHTS||Takayuki Nakamura||70|
|TIN TOY||Takayuki Nakamura||110|
|prime factor||Takayuki Nakamura||75|
Puzzle Mode Skin
Time Attack Mode Skin
- 45 degrees - Clear all Normal Puzzles.
- RODENT - Have 10 hours of play time.
- Morning Beats - Have 20 hours of play time.
- WATER,FLOWER & LIGHTS - Obtain the max Score in Challenge Mode.
- TIN TOY - Complete VS CPU Mode.
- prime factor - Clear all X2 Puzzles.
- Avatar #23 - Clear 50 squares in 60sec Time Attack Mode.
- Avatar #24 - Clear 150 squares in 180sec Time Attack Mode.
- Avatar #25 - Clear 250 squares in 300sec Time Attack Mode.
- Avatar #38 - Clear 500 squares in 600sec Time Attack Mode.
- Avatar #39 - Complete the first round of VS CPU Mode.
- Avatar #40 - Complete the second round of VS CPU Mode.
- Avatar #41 - Complete the third round of VS CPU Mode.
- Avatar #42 - Complete the fourth round of VS CPU Mode.
- Avatar #43 - Complete the fifth round of VS CPU Mode.
- Avatar #44 - Complete the sixth round of VS CPU Mode.
- Avatar #45 - Complete the seventh round of VS CPU Mode.
- Avatar #46 - Complete the eighth round of VS CPU Mode.
- Avatar #47 - Complete the ninth round of VS CPU Mode.
- Avatar #48 - Complete the tenth round of VS CPU Mode.