DigDown Mode is a game-mode that was first introduced in Lumines Supernova. It is pre-unlocked and can be played right after getting the game.
The objective is to clear stacks of Blocks to leave a gap on the floor. If two or more columns contain no Blocks, the player moves on to the next stage. After completing a stage, the player has to do it all over again. The player has a set of time to finish the area before time runs out. To complete this mode, the player has to complete all 20 stages.
- DigDown Mode is only available in Lumines Supernova.
- Each stage in this mode is somewhat connected, and related to each adjacent one.
- Unlike most games, the Skins in this mode are not unlockable. Hacking is required to play on these Skins.
- Strangely, when one completes DigDown Mode, no award is given, except for a congratulations message, and the time it took the player to finish all 20 stages.
- In rare conditions, if the Timeline deletes one side, it is possible to continue on with just one vertical line deleted.
- The time it took the player to finish the mode can be found in the Score Rankings.